Tuesday, April 1, 2014

1400 Down 28600 To Go

I started off my morning writing.  The story unfolded itself between 5:30 and 6:30 am and I realized where it was going to go.

It is also what happens when you fall asleep on the couch with the news on.

Had you asked me a couple of days ago about what my story was going to be about, I would have told you about the dream that woke me up at 3 am and I wrote down before it could leave.  This morning, fingers to the keyboard, it became something entirely different because yesterday there was a local car jacking that spanned several communities and a variety of cars.  It was coupled with "Why I am running the Boston Marathon" this year stories and a set of stories about two firefighters who died in Boston last week - one of whom was someone my son knew.  A bit of discussion in there recently about Amanda Palmer's views on the bombing with a pinch of a viewing of "Frozen" yesterday and... well, ding fries are done.

Somehow all those things swirled together in my sleeping brain and came up with the story of a young girl who deliberately puts herself in the line of fire and how that changes the lives of the community around her and how she comes to see exactly who she is as a person.  I'm not sure of the ending yet.  I think I know what it will be, but I know it will be unexpected.

Either way, 1400 words this morning (400 over goal) and counting.  I may write more if I finish up my last paper and lesson plan drafts - we'll see.  However, I'm off to a good start and now my day is calling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment