Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Quicksand

Have you ever had so much stuff to do at once that you get paralyzed?

This semester I felt like I have been in quicksand all semester long.  I started behind the eight ball spending the first two weeks of the semester sitting with my dad as he died and then the funeral.  I have been spending the past four months trying to process everything, work, go to school, finish all the work I have to do and I feel like I'm drowning in quicksand.  The more I try to do to get out of it, the deeper I sink.  And each time I feel like I'm almost even, I realize that maybe I'm just not flailing in quicksand for a bit so it feels like I'm doing well but I'm really just stuck in place.

Over the weekend, I was watching one of my favorite movies, "The Replacements," and remembered one of my favorite scenes:



I have another week left in this semester, even if I wish I could have one beyond that just to get things done.  I wish I had at least one more day to work on school work vs going to work, but that's not how it works unfortunately.

I look forward to the summer when "all" I'm doing is taking grad classes and pulling together my comic "Data the Number Cat" as I prep for my student teaching.  Maybe I'll get a chance to breathe then.... finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment